In order to safeguard your online identity and personal data, privacy and security on social media are essential factors to take into account. The following advice can help you improve your security and privacy on social media:
1. Update your privacy settings: Check and adjust your privacy settings on all social networking sites on a regular basis. You can control who may view your profile information, who can friend or connect you, and who can view your posts.
2. Employ Robust Passwords: For each social media account, come up with a secure and distinctive password. Refrain from utilizing information that can be guessed, such as names or birthdays. Think about combining special characters, numbers, and letters.
3. Put two-factor authentication (2FA) into action: Turn on 2FA whenever you can. By requiring a second form of verification—like a code texted to your mobile device—in addition to your password, this increases security.
4. Pay Attention to What You Share: Reconsider disclosing sensitive information like your address, phone number, or bank account information. Posting private information online could lead to identity theft or jeopardize your security.
5. Verify App Permissions Frequently: Examine the permissions given to outside apps that are connected to your social media profiles. Give permission to only trusted apps that need the bare minimum of access to operate.
6. Handle Connections and Friend Requests: When accepting connections or friend requests, exercise caution. Connect only with people you know in person, and think about changing your preferences to restrict who can make you requests.
7. Update and Patch Frequently: Update your social networking apps and hardware with the most recent security patches. This aids in defending against weaknesses that malevolent actors might take advantage of.
8. Watch Out for Phishing Attempts: Aware of unwanted emails or messages requesting personal information or your login credentials? Steer clear of dubious links and confirm the authenticity of requests by contacting the platform directly.
9. Exit from Common Devices: Always log out of your social media accounts after you're done using them on shared or public devices to avoid unwanted access.