Resell & Earn
SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE : DONTS
1. Don't Overshare: Avoid oversharing personal information. Striking a balance between sharing and maintaining privacy is essential.
2. Avoid Offensive Content: Refrain from posting offensive or discriminatory content. Be aware of the potential impact of your words on different audiences.
3. Don't Engage in Cyberbullying: Do not participate in or tolerate cyberbullying. Report and block individuals engaging in such behavior.
4. Don't Spam: Avoid spamming your followers with excessive posts or promotional content. Quality over quantity is key.
5. Don't Share Misleading Information: Refrain from sharing unverified or misleading information. Check the credibility of sources before posting.
6. Avoid Overusing Hashtags: While hashtags can be useful, don't overuse them. Stick to relevant and concise hashtags to avoid cluttering your posts.
7. Don't Air Personal Conflicts: Avoid airing personal conflicts or grievances on social media. Handle personal matters privately to maintain a professional image.
8. Don't Post Under the Influence: Avoid posting when you are emotional or under the influence. Emotions can cloud judgment and lead to regrettable posts.
9. Don't Auto-Share Across Platforms: Be cautious about auto-sharing content across multiple platforms. Tailor your posts to the specific audience and context of each platform.
10. Don't Ignore Messages: If someone reaches out to you, try to respond in a timely manner. Ignoring messages can be perceived as rude or unprofessional.
Adhering to these dos and don'ts can help you navigate social media spaces more effectively, promoting positive interactions and maintaining a professional online presence.